GhQR is a new and easy way to make payments to a merchant by scanning a QR Code displayed by the merchant with your mobile phone. The merchant gets the money instantly, just like paying with cash
GhQR is interoperable because, with a single QR Code image displayed in a shop, a merchant can receive payments from customers with bank accounts, wallet accounts or card accounts from different banks and payment service providers across the country.
GhQR also allows Merchants to receive payments by displaying a QR Code generated by bank, mobile money operator or payment service provider. The GhQR generated for the merchants can either be a Static QR or a Dynamic QR. In addition to the QR codes, merchants have unique Terminal IDs assigned to each of their point of payments or tills to facilitate receipts via USSD from customers who use feature phones.
Benefits of GhQR Code
- GhQR allow merchants to accept payments from different customer funding sources.
- GhQR provide merchants with real time value for all payments made to the merchant.
- GhQR reduces the cost of receiving or accepting electronic payments
- GhQR creates convenience for seamless experience in making payments
How to deploy GhQR Code
- Acquiring institution (Bank, MMO or Payment Services Providers) must sign up Merchants and generates a GhQR Code for the merchant after a successful sign off.
- The Merchant is issued with a GhQR Code for all the points of payment depending on number of payment points or tills.
- Each GhQR Code generated for each of the points of payment has an associated unique Terminal ID which is linked to the Merchant or Merchant ID.
- Merchant is provided with GhQR Point of Display material