The Real Time Payment unit is under the Business Development Department of GhIPSS; responsible for the management of all products on the GhIPSS Instant Pay Solution.
The objectives of RTP Unit are:
- To develop and manage the relationship between GhIPSS and all users of the GhIPSS Instant Pay Solution
- To ensure users of the GIP solution are well informed and have a better understanding of the Instant Pay infrastructure.
- To ensure customer satisfaction on the functionality and efficiency of the GIP
- To develop business strategies and initiatives to drive adoption and Usage.
Real Time Payment Services
GhIPSS’ Real Time/ Instant Payment services leverages the company’s Instant Funds transfer solution which rides on the National Switch; the gh-link Infrastructure. gh-link is GhIPSS’ interbank switching and processing system which interconnects switches of Financial Institutions and systems of third party payment service providers.
- GhIPSS Instant Pay (GIP)
- Proxy Pay Service
- Ghana’s Universal QR Code Scheme (GhQR)
- Request to Pay
- Mobile Money Interoperability
- E-Bills Pay
- GIP Payment Gateway
- GhIPSS Corporate Suite
Joining the GhIPSS Instant Pay Platform
- Institutions Interested in offering real time payments services to their customers must be licensed by the Bank of Ghana
- Participating Institution must also meet all GhIPSS joining requirements