A GhDual Card is a two in one payment card, that has both the e-zwich & gh-link applications. It therefore can be used either as e-zwich or gh-link or both as desired. Depending on the request of a customer, an issuing bank can activate any of the functionalities that serve a customer's purpose. The card has been designed to give cardholders access to both funds on their e-zwich cards and in their bank accounts at the same time.
Individuals: The GhDual Card eliminates the inconvenience that comes with carrying multiple Cards. Individuals who currently have both e-zwich & gh-link cards from their Financial Institutions can now opt for a GhDual Card. This will offer customers access to both funds on their e-zwich card & their bank account for which the Gh-link card was issued .
Financial Institutions: Financial Institutions currently issue gh-link cards to customers who open accounts. At the same time, they provide e-zwich cards to customers who request e-zwich cards in addition to their gh-link cards. The GhDual card will provide Financial Institutions with an opportunity to cut down on cost of issuing two separate cards to the same customer; as they now have the option to issue a dual card that incorporates the functionalities of both gh-link & e-zwich cards.
The GhDual card will work based on a customer's preference. Customers, who want to withdraw money or spend off the e-zwich side of the card, will need an e-zwich only terminal or a hybrid terminal. It will also require fingerprint authentication.
Similarly, if the same customer wants to spend off their bank account, they will need a gh-link compliant terminal. The standard authentication of transactions for gh-link will apply. However, where there are Hybrid terminals (terminals with both e-zwich & gh-link applications), that can be used to perform both e-zwich & gh-link transactions at the same time.
The GhDual card will bear the details of the bank that issued the card as well as the gh-link and e-zwich logos.
The GhDual card when issued by banks will function like the existing stand alone cards. However, unlike the stand alone cards, the dual card gives cardholders access to both funds on their e-zwich cards and in their bank accounts. Depending on a customer's requirement, a dual card can function as an e-zwich card or a gh-link card or both.
The GhDual card is only an additional initiative but it will not replace the issuance of the existing gh-link & e-zwich cards. Depending on the needs of a customer, a bank may decide to issue an e-zwich only, a gh-link only or a GhDual card.
The GhDual card supports the following transaction types
- Purchase: The card can be used by cardholders for any point of sale purchase across Merchant locations. The gh-link side can be used for online transactions locally.
- ATM Cash withdrawals: GhDual cardholders can withdraw cash from any e-zwich or gh-link ATM across the country.
- ATM PIN Change: PIN change services for authorizing gh-link transactions are available to cardholders across all ATMs.
- Balance Enquiry: GhDual cardholders can check the balance in their bank account or e-zwich card at terminals that accepts e-zwich, gh-link or both across the country.
- Lower cost and affordability: Customers pay less for securing and using GhDual cards as compared to acquiring two individual cards
- Secure & Safe: Its combines the security features of both the e-zwich card and the gh-link EMV card. Card transactions are protected and secured.
- ATM Acceptance: Cardholders can use their cards on the numerous gh-link & e-zwich ATMs of Financial Institutions. Customers should look out for the gh-link logo and or the e-zwich logo on ATM terminals.
- POS Acceptance: Customers can use their cards at merchant locations with gh-link & e-zwich point of sale terminals. They can also use all Hybrid POS terminals.
- Ecommerce Acceptance: The gh-link side of the GhDual card can be used to purchase goods or services from any online platform in Ghana. A 3DSecure online cardholder authentication technology has been instituted to provide additional security. This does not apply to e-zwich
GhDual Cards will be issued by all Banks, Rural & Community Banks as well as Savings & Loans Companies. You may request for a gh-dual card from your bank.
Please contact your Financial Institution.