A GhDual Card, is a two in one payment card, that has both the e-zwich & gh-link applications. It therefore can be used either as e-zwich or gh-link or both as desired. Depending on the request of a customer, an issuing bank can activate any of the functionalities that serves a customer's purpose. The card has been designed to give cardholders access to both funds on their e-zwich cards and in their bank accounts at the same time.
Key features of the Gh Dual card
- GhDual cards can be issued by all Commercial banks, ARB Apex Banks and licensed Savings & Loans companies
- It is accepted on all e-zwich and gh-link terminals ( ATMs and POS ) as well as Hybrid terminals ( ATM & POS).
Gh Dual card Transaction Types
The Gh Dual card supports the following transaction types
- Purchase: The card can be used by cardholders for any point of sale purchase across Merchant locations. The gh-link side can be used for online transactions locally.
- ATM Cash withdrawals: Gh Dual cardholders can withdraw cash from any e-zwich or gh-link ATM across the country.
- ATM PIN Change: PIN change services for authorizing gh-link transactions are available to cardholders across all ATMs.
- Balance Enquiry: Gh Dual cardholders can check the balance in their bank account or e-zwich card at terminals that accepts e-zwich, gh-link or both across the country.
Benefits of the Gh Dual Card
- Individuals: The Gh Dual Card eliminates the inconvenience that comes with carrying multiple Cards. Individuals who currently have both e-zwich & gh-link cards from their Financial Institutions can now opt for a Gh Dual Card. This will offer customers access to both funds on their e-zwich card & their bank account for which the Gh-link card was issued.
- Financial Institutions: Financial Institutions currently issue gh-link cards to customers who open accounts. At the same time, they provide e-zwich cards to customers who request e-zwich cards in addition to their gh-link cards. The Gh Dual card will provide Financial Institutions with an opportunity to cut down on cost of issuing two separate cards to the same customer; as they now have the option to issue a dual card that incorporates the functionalities of both gh-link & e-zwich cards.