A quick response code (QR code) is made up of black and white squares which represent certain pieces of information that can instantly be read using a smartphone camera. It basically works in the same way as a barcode at the supermarket.
GhQR is a new and easy way to receive payments as a merchant, by displaying a QR Code and a Merchant ID in your shop. Customers will scan the QR code or dial a short code and pay from their bank account or mobile money wallet. The money will be credited to the merchant instantly; just like receiving cash.
- Contact your Payment Service Provider
- You will be registered, and a Merchant ID will be generated/assigned for your business.
- You will also be provided with the GhQR sticker/ stand.
- Visibly display the GhQR sticker and terminal ID at your business location.
- After finalizing purchase ( items & amount to be paid)
- Customer scans the GhQR code displayed at your shop or inputs your terminal ID after dialing a USSD Code (e.g: *300#).
- Customer enters the amount to be paid and approves payment
- Merchant account is credited instantly
- Both Merchant and Customer will receive transaction notification.
This is a negotiation between you and your bank or mobile wallet provider.
- Instant credit to account/wallet
- Setup is cheaper compared to other channels
- Instant payment notification
- Safe and Secure
- Available 24/7 all year round
- Allows you to receive payments from different customer funding source (Bank Account, Mobile Wallet & Card Schemes)